This award is given to acknowledge outstanding Clinical Instructors (CI) in recognition of their outstanding contribution as role models for dietetic interns.
- Eligibility Criteria
- The nominee shall be a current MDA Member of the year of nomination.
- The nominator shall be the dietetic intern of the university where the CI is currently working
- Each institution of higher learning can nominate a maximum of TWO (2) candidates through the respective programme head/ programme coordinator with the following supporting documents:
- Clinical Instructor Award Nomination Form
- At least three (3) written evidence from the dietetic interns outlines specific examples of how the nominee meets or exceeds the selection criteria.
- Evaluation from Lecturer/Peer
- The nominee should submit the electronic e-portfolio as requested which include the evidence of achievements relevant to the award before the due date: 5th June 2022.
- Examples of e-portfolio can be found here: Click here
- Merit Criteria
As the intent of the award is to honour outstanding CI for their contribution to teaching, leadership and mentoring of dietetic interns, nominees will be judged based on the following merit criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates excellence as a preceptor by creating an environment of learning that has resulted in meaningful learning experiences
- Acts as a role model by demonstrating outstanding competence and professionalism in the practice setting that meets dietetic standards of practice
- Actively and consistently demonstrates strong leadership, knowledge and a professional approach during interactions with the dietetic interns and colleagues.
- Demonstrates an ongoing willingness to precept students and facilitate learning using a creative, collaborative approach, setting evidence-based goals to meet objectives, monitoring progress and providing a constructive ongoing evaluation to achieve student success
- Demonstrates a commitment to the relationship by recognizing the unique needs of each student and dedicates the necessary time to support and enhance the student learning experience.
All nominations must be submitted via email at email@example.com by 5pm on 30th April 2022*.
*Important date: The Award, Scholarship and Grant (ASG) Committee will receive and review nominations and invite the nominee to work on the electronic portfolio starting 5th May 2022. The nominee must submit the e-portfolio by 5th June 2022 for further evaluation by the TFDE members.
Example of the e-portfolio
Click here to download the nomination form